Attitude toward science and achievement in science subjects among students: The case of STEM summer program in University of Gondar

Quite recently in 2011, the Ethiopian Government has given priority to science, technology, engineering and mathematics education. To this end, a 70:30 mix ratio has been implemented where universities enroll 70 % of students in science and technology and the remaining 30 % to social sciences (MoE, 2012). The main purpose of 70:30 mix ratio to produce scientifically and technologically competent workforce and to fill the human resource shortage in the areas Emphasizing on science and technology and increasing the number of students majoring in these areas may help to address the market demand in the industry and health sector. However, the 70:30 mix ratio has faced challenges. Among others, negative perception about STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) has become a problem for the success of the plan.

Dữ liệu và nguồn

Thông tin khác

Miền Giá trị
Người bảo dưỡng Đại Học Quốc Gia Hà Nội
Last Updated Tháng 8 16, 2018, 10:15 (ICT)
Được tạo ra Tháng 4 18, 2018, 09:36 (ICT)